Terms and Conditions
It is agreed that the owners will let and that the guest will take, the furnished premises at 11 Finlake Fairways, Finlake Leisure Resort, Chudleigh Devon, TQ13 (the premise) for the time period requested by the guest and agreed to by the owner.
The Guest agrees with the Owner as follows:
1. To pay the appropriate letting fee. A 20% deposit is due within 14 days of booking, and the remaining balance, including a refundable security deposit of £75.00, to be paid in full within 10 weeks of the commence date of letting. The refundable deposit of £75.00 will be paid back within 10 working days.
2. Not to deface, make any alterations or additions to the interior or exterior of the Premises or to the decoration, fixtures or fittings of the Premises or to the furniture. Please note the inventory list and reported damage form is attached. We reserve the right to deduct any breakages, damage or loss from the security deposit.
3. To keep the furniture, soft furnishings and equipment in their present state of repair and condition and to replace with similar articles of at least the equivalent value and standard, any items of furniture which may be found to be missing or destroyed (reasonable wear and tear excepted).
4. Not to remove any of the furniture from its present position in the Premises.
5. To use the premises as a private holiday residence for up to 6 persons only and not for any other purposes whatsoever. Additional persons may be accommodated by prior arrangement only.
6. Not to affix any poster or placard to the interior or exterior of the Premises.
7. Not to do or permit to be done anything which may be a nuisance or annoyance or cause of damage to any neighbouring or adjoining property.
8. Not to do anything or suffer or permit anything to be done as a result of which any policy or insurance held by the Owners on the Premises may become void or voidable or subject to an increased rate of premium.
9. Not to use the property for any illegal or immoral purposes.
10. To permit the Owners or their agents access to the Premises to deal with any maintenance or security issues.
11. Not to smoke or permit smoking inside or on the Premises.
12. Not to allow pets inside or on the Premises. (Unless accompanied by a registered assistance dog, in this instance we will need to further contact to ensure needs are met)
13. To accept and abide by the General Terms & Conditions that comprise Page 2 of this Holiday Letting Agreement.
Breakages / Extra Cleaning Deposit: The guest will pay a deposit of 10% which is fully refundable, less any sum which may be due to the Owners from the Guest as a result of any breach of the Guest’s obligations under this Agreement.
On completion of the letting period: The Guest agrees to leave the Premises and the furniture, in a clean and tidy state of repair and condition and in accordance with the provisions of this Agreement.
Provisions and Declarations
1. If at any time during the letting period, the fee or any part of it is unpaid or any covenant by the Guest contained in the Agreement is broken or not performed or observed, it shall be lawful for the Owners or their Agent at any time thereafter to re-enter the Premises or any part thereof in the name of the whole and upon re-entry this Agreement shall absolutely determine but without prejudice the right of action of the Owners or their Agent in respect of any breach of any covenant contained in this Agreement.
2. This Agreement is made on the basis that the Premises are to be occupied by the Guest for a Holiday as mentioned in the Housing Act 1988 Schedule 1 paragraph 9 and the Guest acknowledges that this Agreement is not an assured tenancy and that no periodic tenancy will arise on the determination of the letting period.
3. As a holiday letting, this Agreement is an excluded Agreement for the purpose of the Protection from Eviction Act 1977.
4. It is the intention of the Owners and the Guest during the term of this Agreement that the occupation by the Guest of the Premises is for the purposes of a holiday let only and that the Guest occupied the Premises solely on this basis and that this Agreement shall take effect as a holiday letting Agreement only.
5. The terms and conditions of the Agreement become valid upon communications confirmation by the Owners of acceptance of the holiday letting period for the agreed letting period.